Diigo is a multi-tool for personal knowledge management
dramatically improve your workflow and productivity
easy and intuitive, yet versatile and powerful
Much of our information consumption and research, whether at home or at work, has shifted online. We are now spending a big part of our day working with online information – reading and researching related to travel, health, shopping, career, hobbies, news, online learning, smart investing, school papers, work projects, you name it.
Yet the workflow with information, from browsing, reading, researching, annotating, storing, . organizing, remembering, collaborating, sharing, to connecting dots into knowledge, is still largely ad-hoc and inefficient. Diigo is here to streamline the information workflow and dramatically improve your productivity. Our users include law firms, marketing agencies, consultants, recruiters, web designers, researchers, students, teachers … — basically anyone who consume lots of online information, either individually or as a team.
Here is how you can use Diigo today
- Read more effectively with annotation tools as you browse around the web. Add digital highlighters and sticky notes whether on PC, tablets, or mobile, and have them always be where you left them when you return! Print to mark-up? No longer necessary. Better recall? Proven! Create reports with your annotations? just a few clicks, and no more copy & paste into Word or email.
- Build your personal library in the cloud, with links, pages, notes, pictures etc, never to be lost, and ready to be accessed anywhere. Of course, those digital highlights, sticky notes and screenshots you added while going around the web automatically go into your library.
- Say goodbye to broken links and lost treasures The web is dynamic – valuable content you found earlier is often no longer there when needed. Diigo archives the webpages for the links you save. Better yet, the archived pages are fully searchable. So do not just bookmark, save to Diigo!
- Provide feedback and catch attention with annotation or screenshots Want to draw attention to a particular paragraph to your Twitter followers? Highlight it and tweet. Want to comment on a student’s writing? Use sticky notes for inline commenting. Want to provide feedback on a web design? Capture the page and mark it up.
- Organize your information as little or as much as you want. Since Diigo provides powerful search capabilities, the simple act of saving or annotating something, often with just one-click, will enable you to find it easily later. But of course, when you do want better organization, for easier review, for connecting the dots, for better sharing, for presentation, or whatever, Diigo provides unsurpassed organization capabilities, with both tagging and lists, to suit different needs.
- Share information as much or as little as you want One advantage of storing information in the cloud is that you can share them easily when you want to. Each piece of information can be set as private or public on Diigo. If you are an extrovert and like to share your passion and showcase who you are, make public as the default! If you are introvert, keep them all private! Want to send a whole collection to someone? just a few clicks away.
- Enable better collaboration on information for any group, large or small. Too little or too much sharing with email? Build a group knowledge repository for your family, your class, your team, or your entire company; each group member can add and subscribe to it, and browse and search it. Better yet, group members can interact with on-the-page annotations. So imagine your class are all reading the same Wikipedia article, and commenting and discussing right on the page!
Pronounced as Dee’go, it is an abbreviation for “Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other stuff.” You see, we especially like the “Other stuff” part, which gives us an open mandate to relentlessly innovate and provide better and better value to our users.
Mission and History
Still have needs of working with information not met? Well, stay tuned, or better yet, let us know! Our team at Diigo is dedicated to
- improve every aspect of your information workflow
- continuously improve our service by innovating and by listening to our users
- eventually provide the ultimate information and knowledge management system to transform how we research and consume information, and how we acquire and organize knowledge.
Our relatively long history since 2005 (by the web standard) has amply proven that our team is true to the mission stated above. Over the years, as dozens of players in the same space have closed shops, often leaving users stranded, Diigo has steadfastly improved, as shown by the following evolution graph.
We are a 12-person team with diverse experience in software development, marketing, academia, and investment management, who share the common traits of information junkies 🙂 . We are developing Diigo to scratch our personal itch – how to make our life of working with information effortless.
Diigo is supported by a freemium business model, with the paid subscription by users being the primary revenue source.
We are actively looking for more great people who share our vision and passion to join our team, either on a part time or full-time basis. If you have expertise/interests in PR, marketing, product development/management/QA, business development, strategy, system administration, user experience and customer service, maybe we have a good role for you as a part of our great team.
For partnership, licensing and career opportunities, please contact the Diigo team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!